Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Sometimes I love my drive to work

Today was one of those days!

Why? Because as I came over the bridge I had my first swan sighting of the season. I live and work in a fairly rural area and every year we have swans come. I'm not sure where there are the rest of the year, but they're lovely to see every fall for the first time.

On my drive to work I have also seen; wild rabbits, hoards of frogs, deer (one so close to the road that if I had been in the passengers seat and rolled down the window I could have touched it!), bears (singly and Mamma with cubs) and a fearless coyote.

We are also blessed with eagles regularly. I get to see them in trees at the side of the road and soaring high above. Sometimes so high you can barely see them.

Wildlife; it's one of the perks of the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment