Saturday, November 7, 2009

Welcome to my first blog post

  • Welcome one and all that have found my little blog. This is my first blog and my first post but I hope you bear with me and have as much fun with my blog as I have had with others that I have found.
  • First a little bit about me; I'm a 40+ single Mom of 2 girls whom I adore, one 10, one 13. I'm lucky enough to be Canadian (hey, I love my country, what can I say?) and even luckier these days, to be working in a small library. I'm trained as a Library technician (I hear it's Technologist now, but...whatever!) and I've worked in the same system for almost 20 years now. I love it. Being a Librarian in a small library means I get to do it all; from cataloguing to cleaning out the paper jams.
  • In my spare time I do many things including read (haha) sew and spin. I know how to knit and crochet, but don't do either well so you won't see much of that here. Rather, my purpose her is to talk about my sewing.
  • I sew all sorts of things and love them all. Craft stuff, clothes (mostly for my kids), costumes (a lot of which go on to be regular clothes) and historical clothing. Recently I've become interested in two new areas; Steampunk and Vintage.

No comments:

Post a Comment