Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Again?!?!?

I mean seriously! More snow! How?!?!!? Why me?!?!?

I know, it's nuts to be complaining about it snowing (for already the 3rd time this year!!!!) what with all the snow that the east is getting these days but seriously folks, the whole reason I didn't move back to the East (I lived in Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia growing up) when I had the chance was because of the snow! I really don't like it! I don't!

Now don't get me wrong, I love how it looks on the mountains; on a clear morning it's enough to literally take your breath away! And winter sports are great....for other people, they're just not my thing. But the whole reason we moved here, the whole reason I stayed here, was because I don't like snow on a day to day basis.
I hate shoveling it, I hate driving in it (which at least *I* know how to do!) and I hate walking through it once it's past the first couple of hours. Slush, yuck!!!!!
Okay, I'll admit, it's gorgeous on the lawn when you wake up in the morning and the world is fresh and bright....but after the first 20 minutes; I'm over it.

The good news is that it seems to have stopped for now and it was even beginning to rain on my last foray out to shovel the drive way and walk. Hopefully that means that our travel plans for tomorrow won't have to be cancelled.

In the meantime it's good weather for sewing flannel pj's and playing Monopoly.

No comments:

Post a Comment