Thursday, December 17, 2009

Finally home

Well we're finally home and getting back into a normal schedule.....which will last for 2 more days and then it's into Winter Break! yay, I could use the sleep. LOL

First though I should finish up with the last of Disneyland and the trip home.

Disney Day 5 part deux; 

We did head back on our last day after dinner and hit California Adventure land before it closed (barely!) . We only managed to get to two more things but they were well worth it. First was Soaring over California. AWESOME! And I mean awesome in the true meaning of the word. I was totally awed by it. If you have never been you must go see it!
It was soooooo good that we walked out, around the building to the entrance, and went again!
Basically it makes you feel like you're sitting in a hang glider soaring over various parts of California. The scenery is amazing and you feel like you're so close you could touch the trees. It's so beautiful and so calming and just so WOW!

Then we quickly hopped over to see the Muppet 3D movie. I'm a huge muppet fan and have managed to make my children ones too. I love the Muppet TV show DVDs and they're a favorite in our house for cold yucky/rainy days. What can I say? My kids and I like the odd stuff. Normal is NOT something people use to describe *this* family! LOL
The movie was great and I loved the mix of live action with 3D movie. Brilliant!

After that it was time to hop over to Downtown Disney for some last minute shopping. We stopped for a little snack too of course. One can't help but want to eat while you're there - the smells are sooooo good. C and my BFF got their shopping done so they headed back to the resort with Little C and S and I headed back to the pearl place to get her another pearl and have it set.
Her first pearl had some weird sort of fog on it in one spot and since they couldn't get it off and didn't know what it was she got to pick a 2nd one. It has just the faintest tinge of pink to it and was about the same size as the first.
She picked out a lovely simple setting that really makes the pearl the focus with a tiny plumeria flower at the top. Very nice. The resort to finish up the day was supposed to be the next sto but of course we had to have a snack first. LOL This one was a pretzel dog. Odd but tasty.

Next - packing!!!! Belch!

Sunday - train again.

Sunday morning we were up early to finish the packing and do all the garbage etc and get ready for the train.
For some reason the cab ride *to* the train was twice as much as the cab ride from. Hmmmmmm.
Ah well, we got there in plenty of time and had no problems getting on the first train.
Nothing exciting there but the welcome at LA Union Station was nice. We got to go to the lounge and had a free paper and drinks (ahhhhh coffee!!!!) I guess the lounge was closed on our way to CA 'cause we never even saw the lounge that night! or maybe we were just too tired to care.
We hopped in the train and got all our stuff stowed and settled in for another trip.
It wasn't quite as exciting this time around; being rather old hat I guess, but still nice to sit in relative comfort.
We were very glad to have a room when we heard announcements about wallets and phones and such going missing. Seems some silly people were hooking stuff up to charge....and just leaving it there! Yesh.
A nice quiet lunch and then the whole bunch of us crashed for naps of various lengths.
After dinner we headed off to watch the movie, but it wasn't the one we thought it was going to be. But..we lucked out and convinced Dominick, our Parlour Coach guy to change it to "UP" when we were the only ones to show up and watch it! YAY! Good movie by the way. Well worth the convincing we had to do.
I think the movies were one of the highlights of the train. We watched 3 out of the 4 movies and hadn't seen any. Two were even on my "must watch soon" list. Sweet!
Once again I missed Mount Shasta...L (BFF) got to see it but that's because she was awake at 5 that morning.....not me! LOL On the way down we passed it around midnight so I missed it both times :-( L said it was lovely.
I did get other pictures of snow though. Oregon had a fair bit that we went through. Lovely.



the end of our trip was swift and uneventful, nothing exciting to report there, unless you think 5 people and 7 or so bags in a small-ish station wagon type car as an event ;-).

Tuesday morning we headed home, stopping at Bellis Fair for a New year's dress for C and a (thankfully) quick stop at the border. This time they didn't even ask if I had a letter from their father, for the girls. I did but it always amazes me that I get asked about it 10 times more often going home than I do going to the US. What's up with that?!?!?

By 4pm we were home and surrounded furry meowing beasts with another one outside demanding his share of the attention too. It was so nice to be home even if we did come home to snow. :-( Yuck!

Yesterday I spent doing errands and getting some groceries, today has been a bit more of the same with some baking thrown in.
C's class/group is having some sort of 'do' tomorrow and she asked me to make Cinnamon Loaf for it. Of course in this house that means making one for the party and one for the family. LOL

Aren't they pretty?


Here's another picture too - it's what I spun up while I was on the train. I bought this a while ago at the Fibrefest...probably 2 or 3 years ago. It's alpaca with Firestar and doesn't show up a darn in the pic. I'm planning on plying it with some pinker alpaca that's on the wheel right now. Then hopefully a scarf for C. Pink is her colour. The spindle the picture is the one I used to spin all this up. I started it at work and finished it on the train - two places you just can't really fit a wheel. LOL




Okay, now this is all up to date and I'm going to head to the basement and see if I can start some sewing before the Mom Taxi gets the call. Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment