Sunday, April 25, 2010

New shoes!

What an insane month April has been. Writing for school and writing for work has left me with very little writing energy for here. :-( But school is over and it's only the article left and that should be done by the end of next week so I should have some writing energy left for home.

In the meantime how about some pictures?

Here's some of my latest purchases; new shoes for me! I got some extra money recently and first we went out and bought the girls new spring jackets and some new boots. The boots are great and I'd love to own a pair of each myself, but I think there's a rule about Moms and teens/tweens not wearing the same boots. At least according to my daughters there is!
So I with some money left over I told myself it was time for new shoes for me!
In the past few years I have learned that I can no longer get away with less expensive shoes from Payless and such so I figure my $200 might new me a pair of shoes. Well, I hit a great sale and ended up with 3!!! And one has heels! For those who don't know me well that's a monumental step for me as I have worn flats, flats and nothing but flats for YEARS! (I do have one pair of kitten heels in black patent)
So here are my new heels and yes, they are red! Not a bright red but rather a dark rich red that borders on being a neutral. I love them and can't wait until I'm used to wearing heels again so I can wear then at every opportunity.
Which isn't actually likely to happen but I can dream!
oh, I almost forgot - these are Clarkes and were on sale for less than 1/2 price! $75 off in fact. To me that's just about the perfect shoe; heel but low enough I'm not scared to wear them, a fantastic colour, and less than 1/2 price! Perfecto!!!
The slight discolouration you can see on the toe of the right shoe is from my sliding accident at the grocery store the first day I wore them. Seems someone had a leaking container of dish soap in their cart and I managed to  find it and do a spectacular slip and slide. Banged up my knee a bit and some other spots hurt but I'm fine. In normal light the stain is hardly noticeably.

Next up is a pair of Josef Steibels
Aren't they cute? Still a little out of my comfort zone with the gold on them but too cute to resist and also a little less than 1/2 price. These are flats though which means they'll get a lot more wear. that's okay, they're cute and should be seen a lot. I love the gold toes and I have to admit I find myself watching my feet when I walk. LOL
The third pair I didn't bother to photograph as they're very much *in* my comfort zone and therefore are pretty boring. Just nice flat black sandals. Yawn. but they were on sale too so still lovely!

Well that's it for now. But I have new patterns to share soon.

Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment