Sunday, April 11, 2010

So sad, me bad!

And here we go again. Another long wait between posts. This is not what I had planned for this you know!
On the other hand I also hadn't planned writing and article, doing Year End, a new course (with group projects - shudder) and not doing ANY sewing in the past few weeks!
I have so many sewing plans floating around in my brain that I need to work on or at least get on to paper it's scary.....and my brain is getting full!
I have managed to make some purchases for sewing though; with some bonus money I bought the 4 patterns I need for my Hallowe'en costume. I'm tired of my kids always looking better than me at Hallowe'en! I make these great costumes for them and then I go out in a (cool) witches hat and my old cape that I made for a play in high school! And *that* happened more years ago than I'm even remotely willing to admit to!!!
So I bought, from Truly Victorian patterns for - corset, petticote/bustle, skirt and polonaise. I've already bought part of the material for the polonaise too. It's this really cool hallowe'en material that's like an organza (which it's not) with foil cats on it. I'm going to do that over a nice purple (my fave colour) to make the cats really stand out. The skirt will be black and the others it won't matter because no one will see them! LOL
Before I get involved in that though, I need to make me at least one more pj shirt. After I make modification of course. I need to shrink the arm hole (and sleeve) because it's down to my waist and I need to move some ease around. I'm not built like a circle with even weight distribution like patterns seen to think. So the backs end up big and the front ends up pulling because that's where I carry my weight. :-( But I've been like this for a while now (10 years?) since after I went on Depro-provera so I just need to learn to live with it and sew for it. It's going to take some figuring but my wardrobe needs some work and I need to sew, so.....sounds like a match made in heaven.

Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment