Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Big C's apron progress

I love nice coolish summer days, where it's sunny and nice to walk the dog but still cool enough to sew.

It was so nice today that even around my appointments and dog walking etc I managed to get C's apron to the point that I need to head back to the fabric store! All the pieces are sewn together and we've decided we don't like the wider bias binding that I bought, so I'm off to the store tomorrow.

I also discovered that I *could* have made the apron the smaller size like I suspected so instead of ties, the back (which overlaps closed), is going to have a snap closure and (hopefully) a big button covered in the print fabric. I just have to find some make your own button things or figure something out. With any luck the apron will be finished before the weekend when my BFF and L'il Miss C are coming up here to visit and will be bringing my camera with them!

The bonus is that this will count to my Make and Mend July as my "make something for someone else". Yay!

On that same topic; before we left last weekend I shortened C's new dress so it's more "her" and got it hemmed (including some done while waiting in line at the border, LOL) in time for the b'day party on Saturday. That's another one off my M&M July list! Wohoo!!!

Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment