Friday, July 2, 2010

Li'l Miss C's apron

I am happy to announce that the apron is done! And they're not even here yet! LOL
Yeah, I'm a bit of a procrastinator so I'm often finishing gifts at the last minute but not this time.
Here's a pic of the finished apron with both the pockets on.
Perfect for a little girly girl don't you think?
Here's a close up of the bottom pocket. I chose to only do lace around the three edges. Around all four looked odd to me (and my girls - 3 sides got 3/3 votes).

The pocket is split down the middle with a line of stitching. In a larger apron I would splint the pocket into 3 but that made the spaces too small in this size.
I used some of my machines fancy stitches for the edges of the ties, the top of the big pocket and the line in the middle of the pocket.
I thought it added a nice touch.
All of the material for this came out of my stash. The lace has been in my stash so long I don't even remember when/where I got it. The kitties were bought for my eldest daughter (who is now 13!) and the back ground fabric came from my favorite source - it's a sheet from a thrift store. Yay for thrifting.
Now to go finish cleaning the house for visiters. Oh! Maybe I should wrap the apron first.

Ta!

2 comments:

  1. I love the cat fabric!!!! What a lovely apron!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Debi. I totally agree about the material, that's why I refuse to give it up! LOL There's still a little bit left so it may well show up in yet another project, because I don't think 2 is enough. ;-)

    ReplyDelete